Application due: Until position is filled
Organization: Center for Schools and Communities, division of Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Location: Camp Hill, Pa.
Employment type: Temporary, internship
Salary: Unpaid position
Submit cover letter, resume, application and FBI clearance registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the guidance of the project development specialist the intern will support Safe Kids affiliates statewide and assist in seeking funds and partnerships to implement safety events in Cumberland County, Pa. There will be an opportunity to tailor the internships duties to areas of interest; however the intern will primarily assist with and learn how to assist Safe Kids Pennsylvania using social media to build awareness of unintentional injuries and provide safety tips. This internship will be unpaid, with no guarantee of permanent employment at the conclusion of this internship.
The intern will work under the guidance and instruction of the project development specialist (Safe Kids Pennsylvania) and in his/her absence the guidance of the safe and supportive schools program manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of and contribute to seeking funding and partnerships to develop or publicize the importance of injury prevention and the dangers of unintentional injuries among children
- Assist in calls to Safe Kids Pennsylvania affiliate coordinators
- Assist with and learn how to find local companies and organizations to partner with in developing an advisory committee
- Assist with using social media to build awareness around unintentional injuries and provide safety tips
- Assist with planning and supporting the Safe Kids events, staff and monthly newsletter articles
- Learn by participating on steering committee
- Assist in the preparation of and distribution of marketing materials to promote and support program activities
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrate knowledge of other duties as directed by the Project Development Specialist
Education, Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum requirements are enrolled in college program with a major related to public health, health education, health science or related field
- Organized, self-starter who is able to take personal responsibility and initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Proficient skills with Microsoft office products/software required and social media
- Current Act 151 (Child Abuse) and Act 34 (Criminal Record) and Act 114 (FBI Fingerprint) clearances are required
The intern may assist with lifting and moving materials for meetings/conferences, visiting various program sites, word processing and/or driving.
Time & Site Requirement
The intern will report to the Center for Schools and Communities office site on assigned days, unless participating in an off-site activity. Weekend and/or evening activities could be possible.
CSIU Property & Confidentiality Requirements
- All property, including intellectual property, materials, equipment or actual products and services developed or accrued as part of the internship and responsibilities listed above, is the property of the CSC/CSIU.
- The intern shall maintain confidentiality with regard to the personal and private information about clients and coworkers, programs and services and any other proprietary information accrued as a result of the Internship or as required by state or federal laws and regulations.